CareCar Access is non-emergency medical transportation provider looking for independent highly motivated NEMT Drivers.
Job Summary: To provide safe non-emergency medical transportation of clients by wheelchair to their destination. Our Drivers coordinate and fulfill scheduled transfers for assigned trips in a professional, timely manner using good judgment while keeping safety, privacy and efficiency a top consideration.
● Transfer clients by wheelchair in a safe, timely, on schedule, lawful manner according to company procedures and protocols.
● Perform a pre/ post-trip vehicle inspection ensuring that the vehicle is functioning and all the equipment needed to perform the scheduled transfers is present and working properly. Ensures equipment and clients are properly secured before putting the equipment in-motion, on-boarding into or off-loading from the vehicle, or putting the vehicle in motion.
● Maintain a solid client relationship by handling questions or concerns by speaking directly to them with speed and professionalism as described in the employee handbook and duty manuals.
● Check the vehicle to ensure no personal belongings of the client are left after transfer.
● Accurately complete all required documentation prior to and at the end of each transfer.
● Maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA, Federal Regulations and company policy.
● Report any incidents, equipment issues, traffic problems, accidents or other hazards to a manager and dispatch. If medical assistance is needed request police or 911 assistance in an emergency. Assists injured clients with first-aid until these services arrive and completes company accident reports.
● Communicate timely by cell phone, text, app and email regarding schedules, shift availability, service directions, and company information.
● Keep vehicle and equipment clean, organized, stocked and sanitized before each trip. Using proper PPE when sanitizing or cleaning spills. Fuel Vehicle as needed.
● Patience, tact and compassion for assisting clients with disabilities.
● Must be able to communicate in person, by phone in a courteous and professional manner with all clients, vendors, staff and team members. Acknowledge and greet clients within 30 seconds.
● Must be able to learn, follow verbal / written direction.
● Ability to work well in a team environment that can be stressful during busy times.
● Good memory for details and procedures, good judgment and decision making skills.
● Be able to learn and efficiently use company software.
● Willingness to be flexible, work weekends and holidays.
● Must be at least 21 years old
● Excellent driving record history with at least 5 years of US driving experience.
● Must hold a valid driver’s license.
● Must pass Drug and Alcohol tests and pass background checks.
● Must have a stable work history with a track record of being reliable and punctual.
Education and Experience:
● High school diploma or equivalent and fluency to read and write in the English language.
● Certified in first-aid, CPR, AED, ETT, EMT I, EMT II, EMT III, Paramedic, CNA or MA preferred.
● Prior training program in passenger assistance techniques, sensitivity training, previous NEMT employment experience preferred.
● Good eyesight, hearing, manual coordination and dexterity.
● Ability to lift, push, pull 70+ lbs. or more and position clients frequently.
● This position requires sitting, standing, bending, walking, stooping, crouching, kneeling and pushing a stretcher, wheelchair or stair chair.
● Exposure to a variety of weather conditions. e.g. Ice, snow, cold, heat while performing duties.
● Ability to calmly handle schedule changes and unexpected situations.
NEMT Drivers usually work shift’s that vary depending upon scheduled transfers and often include, holidays and weekends. They may be asked to work longer to complete transfers or to wait for relief help.